Our Cremation Guarantee
We want you to know that the decision to choose cremation doesn’t limit the ways you can honor your loved one’s life. We heartily suggest that you have a funeral or memorial service, because your need for such a healing experience is not lessened by the decision to be cremated. The options are limited only by your imagination.
Highlands Cremation & Funeral Care is committed to ensuring your peace of mind during the cremation process. Our cremation guarantee, listed below, outlines our pledge that your loved one never leaves the care of our funeral home; ensures that the cremated remains of your loved one are those of your loved one; and offers your family to celebrate the life of your loved one before or after the cremation process.
Our Cremation Guarantee
· Your loved one never leaves our care. Many other funeral homes hire third party crematories. These funeral homes transfer your loved one to an outside cremation facility making it impossible for the funeral home to manage and supervise the cremation. We have our own crematory, located on site in the privacy of our own funeral home. All your services are handled and managed by a licensed funeral director to ensure your loved one never leaves our care and the integrity of the cremation is never compromised.
· To ensure security, an identification band with a unique assigned number is placed on your loved one the moment they are transferred in to our care.
· Upon arrival into our care, your loved one is logged into our tracking system with their unique identification number. This number is used to track every phase of the cremation process. Our tracking system includes date and time of transfer and funeral director. Personal belongings (if applicable) are noted and placed in a secure area for their return to the family if requested.
· Prior to the cremation process, we offer you the opportunity for private time to identify your loved one in a quiet, comfortable room at our funeral care facility to ensure your confidence.
· A licensed funeral director will review all cremation paperwork and permits. This is to ensure that all regulations required by the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service are met and all authorizations and permits have been received and properly documented. Once all documentation is verified, the scheduled cremation process begins.
· After the cremation is complete, the cremated remains are placed with the identification tag into the urn. Completing our cremation guarantee to you, a certificate of cremation certifying that the remains of your loved one were cremated in accordance with the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service.
· We will assist you in planning a funeral or memorial service either before or after the cremation, which will appropriately celebrate the life of your loved one. A meaningful ceremony provides an opportunity for family and friends to pay tribute to your loved one and to share the memories of a lifetime.